Head of Product, Finance Systems
As the lead product role for the Technology Data teams, you will be key to creating products that fulfil Cazoo’s ambitious growth plans and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
As Head of Product you will manage the Finance Systems portfolio and product teams. This is a critical group of products that covers everything to do with how we run our accounts, integration with our transactional systems and manage key elements such as asset refinancing. With Cazoo’s recent NYSE stock market listing and as the company scales to achieve it’s highly ambitious targets, it is absolutely critical that our accounting systems operate efficiently and accurately scale in step.
Collaborating closely with all relevant teams across Cazoo, you are accountable for making decisions on the product strategy, vision and execution for this product portfolio, and responsible for ensuring that your team has the resources and skills required to successfully deliver roadmaps. The initial teams in this group will be Asset Financing, Accounting and Invoices.
Working closely with your engineering colleagues, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things - it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Technology Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your teams are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for the Asset Financing, Accounting and Invoices products and working very closely with customers and stakeholders to define product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution for them by building and leading a team of Product Managers.
- Clearly communicating the story, value and roadmap for your products in non-technical terms – so that the whole business understands the value and why we’re doing it.
- Rapidly gain an understanding of your customers and business stakeholders and their pain points.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product outcomes and key results across all the team’s Products.
- Agreeing clear objectives and results for team members aligned to key customer and business outcomes.
- Owning the ‘business results’ including non-functional requirements, outreach and uptake within our business.
- Manage conflicting priorities, driving a high level of focus and excellence with a talented team.
- Identify and resolve impediments faced by the team; proactively raise risks or delays to commitments.
- Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers, and plan ahead for capability and capacity.
- Build and manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product suite.
- Lead discussions on the delivery of key programmes or initiatives, ensuring resources are aligned towards delivering those.
- Strong technical understanding – we don’t expect you to code, but you must understand how your products are technically architected and have an understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices.
- You must be able to trade off near term results with long term issues such as tech debt and architecture considerations.
- Closely collaborate with engineering leaders to ensure the Product team capabilities are aligned with the technical strategy, keeping future roadmap into account and build team capabilities to match.
Product Management Practice
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice at Cazoo
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
- Lead recruitment and interview process for Product Managers; ensure we are continually raising the bar for Product Management at Cazoo.
- Set the example of what great product management looks like.
We are looking for a Head of Product…
- with proven extensive expertise & experience in Product Management
- who demonstrates great coaching skills, having successfully developed top performing Product Managers
- who has excellent interviewing and hiring skills
- with proven experience in setting vision, strategy, and direction; ultimately in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being given these things or told what to build by someone else)
- with in-depth experience in leading great product teams and delivering products that create significant customer and business value
- dual track (discovery/delivery) agile experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- with excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- who can demonstrate the ability to think both strategically and tactically
- who is results-oriented (a bias to action) and able to motivate others, with a demonstrated ability to create clarity and action from ambiguity
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading cross-functional groups to swift decisions
- who has excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- with strong problem-solving skills and a methodical, analytical approach
- with fast, strong prioritisation and decision-making skills
- who excels in using both quantitative and qualitative data
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
In the post Covid era, subject to government guidance, we will be operating a hybrid working model, with employees expected to spend a few days a week in the office alongside colleagues, while the others can be worked from home.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.