Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
As an EU Compliance Specialist within the Group Risk team, you will report to the Head of EU Risk & Compliance and work closely with the EU Management Team, Group Risk Director, and UK Compliance team.
You will help provide guidance to a diverse set of stakeholders and partners to ensure that our EU products, services and processes always meet regulatory requirements and translate into good customer outcomes. You will play a key role in facilitating open and transparent relationships with all appropriate EU regulators and/or registrars, advocating on behalf of Cazoo and our customers and working in a culture that’s open and supportive.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the team to continually monitor the EU regulatory and legal environment and maintain business compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Ensuring relevant legal and regulatory developments are communicated appropriately across the company
- Help identify and assess compliance risks
- Find solutions and demonstrate a positive approach to compliance matters
- Help shape key strategic projects, working with cross functional teams including Commercial, Technology, Product and Operations. And external lawyers when required.
- Leading applicable compliance development and review
- Constantly drive for improvement in efficiency and risk management
- Assist the EU Risk and Compliance Manager on data governance and privacy matters across EU
Required skills and experience:
- Fluency in French and English
- Relevant experience as a compliance specialist with a background in regulated sectors or consultancy
- Relevant experience of retail and supply chain environments
- Relevant knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to EU financial services and consumer including consumer directives
- Results oriented and able to ensure implementation of controls, compliance processes and procedures in a fast moving, fast changing environment where there are multiple demands and stakeholders
- A pragmatic critical thinker and operator with a collaborative approach and the ability to operate independently and develop and implement simple relevant solutions
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal who is able to effectively manage stakeholders at all levels across multiple jurisdiction
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status