Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
As the Risk & Compliance Lead for the EU within the Group Risk team, you will support the wider EU management team reporting to the Group Risk Director and EU Finance Director.
You will lead and manage the efforts of a small group of risk and compliance specialists across a number of EU jurisdictions. Responsible for the delivery of group-wide risk strategy and deployment of operational and business risk management, governance framework and operating model in EU, you will develop and implement a risk business partner model to support the European management team.
You will provide expertise, advice, and guidance to a diverse set of stakeholders and partners to ensure that our EU products, services and processes always meet applicable licence and regulatory requirements and translate into good customer outcomes. You will play a key role in facilitating open and transparent relationships with all appropriate EU regulators and/or registrars, advocating on behalf of Cazoo and our customers and working in a culture that’s open and supportive.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the EU team to manage and mitigate the operational and business risk profile through the implementation of a group wide risk management, governance and assurance framework and operating model
- Enabling the output of routine risk assurance assessments and providing the EU Management Team and Group Risk Team with a view and recommendation on risk profile and appetite and the adequacy and effectiveness of the EU businesses risk management and governance arrangements
- Providing day-to-day expert risk management and compliance advice and support to the EU and Group Risk Teams and other stakeholders and teams across the business
- Ensuring relevant legal and regulatory developments are communicated appropriately across the company, providing commercially focused and practical advice on the application and implementation of relevant legal and regulatory requirements and in the context of organizational risk appetites
- Monitoring and handling any engagement with competent authorities, registrars and, EU regulators, developing and maintaining a regulatory engagement strategy and business plan in line with our ambitious business objectives
- Leading regulatory policy development and review
- Supporting the Director of Group Risk and UK Heads of Compliance & Business Risk in contributing to board reporting and Audit Committee requests
- Providing insight and support to help inform and shape key strategic projects, working with cross functional teams including Commercial, Technology, Product and Operations, end external lawyers when required.
- Overseeing knowledge and skill development of EU staff in risk compliance matters as required
Required skills and experience:
- Fluency in English, German and French
- Relevant experience as an operational, compliance and business risk management leader with a background in regulated sectors or consultancy
- Relevant experience of retail and supply chain environments
- Relevant knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to EU financial services and consumer including consumer directives
- Results oriented and able to ensure implementation of controls, compliance processes and procedures in a fast moving, fast changing environment where there are multiple demands and stakeholders
- A pragmatic critical thinker and operator with a collaborative approach and the ability to operate independently and develop and implement simple relevant solutions
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal who is able to effectively manage stakeholders at all levels across multiple jurisdiction
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status