Our mission is to transform the vehicle buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We’re looking for an exceptionally highly driven and dynamic commercially experienced individual to take ownership and full accountability of our Commercial Vehicle function. This person will play the driving role in evolving Cazoo from being the UKs leading online car buying platform to the UK’s leading online Commercial Vehicle buying platform. The successful candidate will be working within the UK pricing and purchasing team of talented specialists and managers, leveraging all of our businesses data, systems and processes in order to build and deliver an incredible customer experience for anyone who chooses to purchase a Commercial Vehicle
The candidate needs someone with the right mindset and cultural fit to become part of a dynamic, data-driven business that will transform automotive retailing in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Influencing stakeholders across the business to accelerate improvements in developing the best online Commercial Vehicle buying experience in the UK
- Building a network of professional relationships in order secure Commercial Vehicle inventory at the best possible price and quality across a variety of channels
- Drive pricing and process improvements to maximise margin whilst managing days to sale
- Develop and roll out process changes within customer support production and and operations to ultimately improve efficiencies and customer experience
- Collaborating with other buying team members to maximise our use of data alongside what is physically happening across purchasing channels
- Working closely with the senior purchasing team and data analysts to ensure we are optimising volume, quality, margin and stock turn.
- Ensuring vehicles purchased meet our strict specifications and making sure our returns % is low and that the refurb costs are aligned to budget.
- Identifying new opportunities for improvement within our purchasing model and approach
- As a key member of the buying team, you will demonstrate a professional, respectful, inclusive and collaborative approach.
Required skills and experience:
- An understanding of the Commercial Vehicle landscape through pricing, purchasing and operations would be advantageous
- Relationships across the Commercial Automotive sector would also be welcomed
- Automotive experience would be beneficial
- A willingness to learn and work with data
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competent in using Excel, Looker, PowerPoint or similar services
- Comfortable working at pace and to multiple deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and manage your time
- A starter-finisher with a willingness to show initiative
- A thorough and methodical approach with great attention to detail
- An ability to recognise opportunities and present solutions
- Experience managing and rolling out complex projects
- Stakeholder management and executive communication
- Experience managing a cross functional team and influencing a diverse group of stakeholders to drive towards a common goal
- Business unit ownership and KPI development and attainment including volume and profitability
- Ability to spot potential issues before they arise and plan accordingly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make clear and decisive decisions even under pressure
- A strong analytical skill set and the ability to break down complex, technical problems and communicate them to a non-technical audience
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial phone interview and two in-person interviews, where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus, your cultural fit with the business and that we're the right fit for you.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.