Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
As a Senior Compliance Manager within the Compliance team, you will report to the Head of Compliance, and deputise for them during a period of upcoming maternity leave. During this time you will manage a small team and report to the Director of Group Risk.
You will provide expertise and leadership to a small team of compliance specialists and advice and guidance to a diverse set of stakeholders and partners to ensure that our products, services and processes always meet regulatory requirements and translate into good customer outcomes. You will play a key role in facilitating open and transparent relationships with all appropriate regulators, advocating on behalf of Cazoo and our customers and working in a culture that’s open and supportive.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing expert advice to the Head of Compliance and Group Risk Director, other key team members within the Risk function, stakeholders and teams across the business and external advisory partners
- Continually monitoring the regulatory environment, working with the team to maintain business compliance with applicable regulatory frameworks
- Ensuring relevant regulatory developments are communicated appropriately across the company
- Monitoring and handling our engagement with UK regulatory bodies (FCA, etc), developing and maintaining a regulatory engagement strategy in line with our ambitious business objectives
- Leading regulatory policy development and review
- Providing insight and support to help inform and shape key strategic projects, working with cross functional teams including Commercial, Technology, Product and Operations. And external regulatory lawyers when required.
Required skills and experience:
- Significant experience of regulatory work within the financial services industry (preferably drawn from retail consumer finance, motor finance or insurance) along with broader compliance, audit or risk management experience
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to UK financial services including consumer credit and insurance
- Results oriented and able to ensure implementation of controls, compliance processes and procedures in a fast moving, fast changing environment where there are multiple demands
- A pragmatic critical thinker and operator with a collaborative approach and the ability to operate independently and develop and implement simple relevant solutions
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal who is able to effectively manage stakeholders at all levels
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
This is a full-time fixed term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status