We’re looking for a dynamic professional to join Cazoo to support us in our journey to building the UK’s best car buying experience
Cazoo will become one of the leading volume buyers, retailers and remarketers of stock in the UK and this role is critical in ensuring have the right relationships, processes and infrastructure in place for us to profitably remarket the inventory we choose not to retail.
It's not just about volume though, the role of a Cazoo Wholesale Specialist is to help us dispose of inventory profitably by building relationships across multiple partners from auctions houses, trade remarketing platforms and car retailers, and in time supporting the development and scale of our own online remarketing portal
Data is at the core of our business and we want to take a data driven approach to ensure our cars are offered at the best location or platform, for a fast and profitable sale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Pricing and Purchasing team to ensure we are optimising volume, quality, margin and stock turn and vehicles are positioned in the right sales to achieve the target KPI’s
- Collaborating with the pricing and purchasing team using data to balance remarketing profitability with days to sale and px attachment rate
- Class leading 1st time conversion and disposal performance through a defined marketing and channel strategy
- Supporting the day-to-day remarketing operations, ensuring cars arrive to auctions in a timely manner, they are described well and they go through auctions in a timely manner (all of which is happening remotely at this point)
- Ideally based somewhere in or around the Southern half of the country you will have the ability to attend auctions in person and review cars in person, should the market move back this way
- Grow relationships and negotiate with remarketing channels ensuring Cazoo receive the very best agreements with our partners
- Ensuring sold vehicles are not subject to any claims process and all loose items are accounted for and the vehicles are prepared for sale
- Define post auction and market insight reporting to support future decision making
- Network and feedback on any purchasing opportunities through all remarketing channels and relationships in order to support direct purchases with suppliers where feasible
- Become a key member of the team, ensuring a professional, respectful, inclusive and collaborative approach
Key skills required:
- A desire to learn from and work with data to inform selling decisions with an open mindedness to support further development feeding into our broader data-centric and automated operating model
- A strong analytical background, with the ability to use Google Sheets, Excel or other analytics tools to process and interpret data
- A dynamic mindset, able to spot opportunities, think on your feet and successfully adapt your approach
- A lot of flexibility and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- A collaborative mindset - you’ll need to be a team player
- Fast learner: You’ll need to pick things up quickly and learn on the job
- Great attention to detail and ability to make swift and accurate decisions under pressure
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to influence, persuade, listen and enthuse
Preferred, but not essential:
- An understanding of vehicle damage and the potential impact on resale value
- Ability to build and grow solid professional relationships and manage a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Automotive experience would be beneficial though not essential
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat on the phone and an hour or two of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus in previous roles, your cultural fit with the business and that we're the right fit for you, it’s not about making you sweat or catching you out.
Depending on your home location this position can be based remotely due to remarketing site travel however, a preference would be to journey into the London or Southampton offices at least once a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.