The Cazoo content team is growing and we’re investing in producing market-leading content that transforms how consumers research new and used cars. We’re looking for a talented automotive writer/editor to join our editorial team. You’ll be responsible for creating best-in-class consumer articles, buying guides and reviews that are helpful, jargon-free, and relevant to everyday car buyers.
At Cazoo we’re changing the way people research, finance, and buy cars. And we’re moving fast. We’re hiring across all departments and launching new products in 2021.
Joining a young, thriving company is a rare opportunity. You’ll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals and adopt a customer-obsessed mentality, but you’ll be supported by kind, smart and talented team members along the way. Working collaboratively, you’ll develop best-in-class content that helps to build a brand that genuinely helps people.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing features and other car-focused editorial content to help our readers
- Creating new expert reviews and updating existing ones
- Helping to develop and create a new stream of video content
- Contributing ideas for how we can improve our reviews and optimising car reviews based on input from the SEO team
- Ensuring all content is in line with our style guide
- Using web analytics and data to make content decisions and recommendations
- Ensuring all content created meets our high content standards
Key skills and experience required:
- The ability to write engaging yet informative content that everyday car buyers understand
- Can write in the Cazoo tone of voice
- Online car sector experience is a must
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates you can write for car buyers (not just enthusiasts)
- Journalism/ English degree or equivalent would be beneficial but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team, followed by a selection of competency-based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.