"Creating value" is your guiding principle and you know how to turn factual content into
compelling stories that excite journalists and customers alike. You are experienced in building,
managing and leading a multinational team. As our EU Communications Team Lead you are
highly familiar with editorial processes and proactively initiate and drive value-added
communications that strengthen our brand and brand awareness and create strong relationships
with press, clients and other stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into our Group Communications Director, as EU Team Lead Communications on a 12
month parental leave replacement, you will be responsible for leading and implementing EU wide
PR. You will manage and build a highly talented team and proactively drive Cazoo’s reputation
within the EU. In close coordination with our headquarters in London, you will shape and
implement the communications strategy of a fast-growing company in the automotive sector.
As the main contact for all EU media, you foster and grow your and our existing journalist and
influencer network. Together with your team, you are responsible for the proactive, prominent
positioning of our brand in EU media. You develop and implement target group-oriented
communication strategies and concepts in close cooperation with our headquarters in London.
You identify key topics for us to address and find new, creative communication approaches and
opportunities. Together with your team you create compelling yet highly informative content
such as press releases and develop cutting-edge digital content such as videos, blogs, podcasts
and social media posts that engage with our stakeholders.
You analyse and identify emerging trends in PR and communication in the automotive industry
and translate them into our language. Together with your team you coordinate sponsorship
activities, events and keynotes. The evaluation of relevant PR and communication KPIs falls within
your area of responsibility, as does the regular preparation of reports for the management team.
Key skills and experience required:
• You hold a university degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in the fields of
media/communication, journalism, marketing or business studies.
• You bring a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the dynamic environment
of a PR agency or a communications department of a fast growing consumer tech
• You have experience in building, managing and developing a team.
• You manage the press office and PR agencies, developing and maintaining relationships
with key media.
• You devise, lead and deliver all press and media campaigns with support of the team.
• You know the EU media landscape exceptionally well, have a high affinity for new digital
media formats and experience in integrated communication.
• You have an extensive, reliable network of media professionals with personal contacts to
• You write and think creatively and bring substantial experience and a proven track record
of delivering results.
• As a self-starter, you roll up your sleeves and get things done. You are structured and
results-oriented and your smart approaches surprise and convince.
• You enjoy working in a team and you are a sociable, engaging and curious person. You
think outside the box, try things out and you are reliable and confident when dealing with
complex, sensitive and confidential topics.
• You fully support the guiding principle of "Creating Value" in all your work, want to create
a sustainable impact while helping shape developments, and are willing to go the extra
mile to do so.
• You are fluent in English. Further EMEA language skills are advantageous.
Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing
better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make
getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers
can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or
collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly
experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology