At Cazoo, we’re changing the way people research, finance and buy used cars. And we’re making strides – we're about to be listed on the NYSE, hiring across all departments, and launching new products and markets in 2021 and beyond.
We’re looking for an experienced User Research Leader to join our team as Head of User Research. This role reports to the Head of UX at Cazoo and will be responsible for growing and further developing an existing User Research team.
In this role, you're going to become the chief research advocate at Cazoo, help develop practices and grow the team with support from the broader Product Organisation. Prior experience with career development, research strategy, and advocacy are essential to landing this really exciting role. You’ll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals and ambitious timelines, but you’ll be supported by kind, smart colleagues. Together, you’ll constantly shape, grow and guide a team working on a product that’s genuinely helping people.
User Experience at Cazoo
Your role will be to support the growth and development of our research practices across Cazoo. You'll help your team of researchers grow, develop practices and establish a cross-company research team that helps us make effective decisions at scale. As the top voice for research, you'll cooperate with stakeholders across the business, bring insights to bear on company strategy and help mature research practices at Cazoo.
We're big on mentoring and growth, so prior experience in helping to grow researchers is really important. Bonus points if you also have experience working with internationalisation or research in multiple markets across the EU.
As Head of User Research you will:
Drive the future of User Research at Cazoo in partnership with other UX and Product leadership. Ensure Research complements a cohesive overall Cazoo strategy and help Research shape decisions across international markets.
- Manage a team of 6+ Researchers and Research Ops people across Cazoo
- Drive hiring, recruitment, team culture and practice development of User Research across Cazoo
- Lead and mentor User Researchers for personal growth
- Shape research strategy and execution in partnership with other UX leaders. Advocate for great user research execution, helping teams learn how to prioritise, leverage, and refine their approach to research.
- Give and seek feedback from your team and others at Cazoo
- Contribute to the design and research culture at Cazoo and advocate for research practices around the business
- Become the research advocate and help develop practices, culture and ways of working to make research more visible across the business
- Collaborate with other insight teams including Data Analytics, Marketing, Brand Research, etc. to build an insight lens across the company
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping awesome digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can grow, develop and cultivate a research culture with support and allies who want you to succeed
- You have a well-developed toolkit of research leadership methods and frameworks to draw on to help solve problems at international product scale
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user needs and business outcomes into things we can learn, look at and develop
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with Research, Design, Product and Engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and put people first in everything you do
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance, and support more senior members to further grow their career
- You're passionate about research advocacy and do it on the job and in the broader industry (i.e. conference talks, workshops, etc.)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and people with disabilities to apply. Cazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).