Cazoo was founded in 2018 to transform the way people buy used cars
We believe everyone deserves to feel total confidence when buying a car. That’s why we’re building a new service which is simple, transparent and doesn’t end when you buy the car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today.
We are backed by leading investors and led by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We’re looking for a smart, experienced and enthusiastic Platform Engineer to join us in Lisbon at the early stages of our journey, building the UK’s best car buying experience.
We’ve got lots of fascinating puzzles to solve and systems to build, from providing an industry-best search experience, to user and order management, purchasing and fulfillment, pricing and valuation, and more. Underpinning it all will be the tooling and frameworks that you support, helping the wider development team on a day to day basis
Your passion and experience will make a massive difference as you join a small and friendly team where teamwork, pride in your work and a positive and practical attitude is key.
Joining a startup at its birth is a rare opportunity - you’ll find yourself in a job that is full of energy and purpose, with a sense that anything’s possible.
If you’re highly-motivated, in tune with all of the latest DevOps developments, can handle ambiguity and are always keen to understand what makes the wider business work then we’d love to talk to you
What you’ll be doing
- Building the tools and frameworks that underpin our systems and services
- Helping teams to move fast in creating and scaling their infrastructure
- Automating governance, monitoring, and self-healing so that our systems become easier to manage in production
- Closely collaborating with other developers, understanding their needs and providing operational expertise when they need help
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong working knowledge of AWS services including ECS, EC2, Lambda, VPC, IAM, Route53, CloudFront, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch
- Excellent understanding of monitoring and logging solutions, e.g. Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, Grafana, and the ELK Stack
- Proven ability to provide and support strong and scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Linux, Git, Docker and good scripting skills in e.g. Python, bash, Go
- Comfortable with defining Infrastructure as Code, using Terraform or Ansible
- Familiarity with Node.js environments is a plus
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- Great appetite for learning and self-improvement
- Helpful, smart and pragmatic
- Previous experience in ecommerce is a bonus
And last but certainly not least – someone with a sizeable appetite for learning and self-development, with a fun and sociable side!
What you’ll get from us:
- This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects at a well funded startup.
- You will be supported by a coaching team, which includes international conference speakers, dedicated to supporting your development and helping you achieve your goals. The coaches cover technical, quality and agile delivery aspects.
- You will be joining a growing, self-organising team, and will have the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done. Our teams and engineers do not work in silos, as such you will be given opportunities to use or develop skills outside of your core skill set too.
- At Cazoo, you will be an integral part of a team creating a highly visible and tangible product that’s seeking to change and replace a painful process that almost everyone must contend with at some point in their life.
- Given the growth we expect to see over the next few years there will undoubtedly be opportunities to progress your career.
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.