Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Cazoo you will lead a growing team of Data Analysts to support our Production, Operation and Logistics teams across our UK and EU businesses. You will work closely with the key stakeholders from the operational teams, as well as the technology teams, to define requirements, design solutions which enable the business to make better decisions and report on the progress of the team's work.
In particular, this role will focus on Vehicle Operations analytics, the principal aim of which is to improve the efficiency of all of the physical processes which happen to Cazoo vehicles, reducing the time it takes to make cars ready for sale and the associated costs, to ensure that we are able to scale the business in line with our ambitions.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for an agile creative thinker who relishes bringing data to life and is able to inspire the same behaviour in their team. Strong quantitative and SQL skills are a prerequisite but your ability to practically apply your skills, communicate your findings and drive implementation in the business will set you apart. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help define analytical projects which solve business problems
- Owning these projects from inception to final delivery
- Defining the roadmap for the Vehicle Operations analytics team, and helping to prioritise and deliver this work efficiently
- Managing priorities with stakeholders, communicating timelines and progress
- Becoming expert at the varied data sources available, and working with key stakeholders to generate relevant metrics and dashboards to aid decision making
- Digging into the data in creative ways, using your quantitative abilities to drive actionable insight
- Communicating findings and actions to both business and technical audiences and working collaboratively across functions to ensure timely implementation
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent SQL and experience working with SQL databases, including Data Warehousing technologies such as AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery or Snowflake.
- Adept at understanding the needs of stakeholders and translating them into analytical requirements
- Experience managing or mentoring more junior analysts, and in helping them to manage their workload
- Experience making data tell a story through data presentation, visualisation tools and techniques
- Experience working in areas of operational analytics, e.g. warehouse efficiency optimisation, supply chain logistics etc.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to learn new programming languages and tools
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Excited to do things the right way from the ground up
- Adaptable and positive, can-do attitude.
Nice to have:
- A degree or course with a strong quantitative element
- Programming experience, especially in Python or familiarity with Linux/UNIX
- Experience with standard software engineering practices such as version control (github / gitlab)
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a salary matched pension scheme for up to 5%, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with the hiring manager, followed by a selection of competency based interviews with peers and stakeholders.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).