Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
The primary purpose of the role will be to manage and lead Cazoo Subscription business unit in our EU markets. This is a new role within the EU organisation.
As Head of Subscription in Europe you will be responsible for the business performance and strategy of our subscription proposition in all EU markets.
The successful applicant will be a strong leader with a growth mindset, authoritative and credible individual able to work closely with the country managers and internal stakeholders to build and execute our subscription strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set the relevant KPIs, targets and goals for the subscription team that aligns with our overall commercial strategy
- As part of the commercial leadership team, play an active role in building our overall commercial strategy for our EU markets
- Build and drive the subscription proposition strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders (Product, Purchasing, country managers, etc.)
- Take responsibility for subscription commercial aspects including budgets and profitability (P&L management for subscriptions) in our EU markets
- Collaborate with other leaders to set
- Mentor and grow a team of talented subscription managers to drive the business
As a member of the senior leadership team:
- Contribute to overall strategic and business planning
- Deliver agreed strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor performance of key activities
- Produce accurate, timely and concise reports on our subscription performance in EU
- Collaborate with colleagues and share knowledge as appropriate
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience in a commercial or similar role with 2+ years of leadership experience
- Strategically minded leader, creative and analytical thinker
- Have a solid experience managing P&Ls ideally in a subscription or e-commerce high growth environment
- Have proven experience with subscription pricing and retention best practices
- Experience working within a cross-functional environment - Influencing without leading
- Influencing skills, both in written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate and discuss new strategies and business performance with the SLT team
- Have strong problem solving skills with a strong analytical approach
- Always ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Automotive experience is a plus
- MBA or consulting background is a plus
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package. You will receive a prepaid Visa card with monthly credit freely available and employee discount of the Cazoo offerings.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.