Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
What you’ll be doing:
As Agile Coaches at Cazoo, our purpose is to catalyse positive change by fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity and continuous improvement, in service of achieving better outcomes, creating greater value and growing happiness.
In this role, you will spend the majority of your time empowering and supporting 3-4 cross functional Product Engineering teams, and the remainder working on a variety of cross team projects and initiatives.
As our first Coach to be based in Munich you will also set the agenda for how Coaching engages with our Munich teams. You will work closely with all roles within the Product Engineering teams providing coaching, teaching and mentoring around Agile and Lean values, principles and practices.
You will leverage your Agile mindset, coaching and training expertise to help teams inspect, adapt and improve.
You will also work alongside a growing team of Agile Coaches, mostly based in London, enabling continuous improvement beyond your teams, providing coaching and delivering workshops to a wider Cazoo audience.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience working as an Agile Coach with high performing, cross-functional, self-organising Agile teams.
- Extensive hands-on experience applying a variety of frameworks and methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and XP, and a track record of combining these approaches effectively.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Lean thinking, values and principles.
- Experience teaching a wide range of Agile practices such as user story mapping, event storming, example mapping, CI/CD and slicing.
- Experience coaching teams on “outcomes over output” and the adoption of continuous product discovery and delivery.
- Demonstrably strong coaching and facilitation skills.
- Experience successfully coaching both engineering teams and senior leaders.
- A progressive understanding of emerging Agile practices and concepts.
- A servant-leader who gets a kick out of helping others to succeed and grow.
- An insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and solving problems.
- Comfort in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous environment and the ability to know when to be pragmatic and when to stick to your guns!
- Fluent German and English skills are mandatory
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Germany, or a valid work permit.