We're looking for a Platform Engineering Manager to help us build the Europe's best car buying experience. We're committed to building a true devops culture, where engineers own their code from design through to production.
The platform team are pioneers and explorers, laying the foundations for other engineering teams to ship code into production. As Platform Engineering Manager, you'll be helping to enable devops practice and reliability engineering.
Your passion and experience will make a massive difference as you join a small and friendly team where teamwork, pride in your work and a positive and practical attitude is key.
If you're a highly-motivated technical leader, in tune with all of the latest DevOps developments, can handle ambiguity and are always keen to understand what makes the wider business work then we'd love to talk to you.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading a team of engineers to build a secure and reliable platform in AWS.
- Advocating for modern software practices, including continuous deployment and observability-driven development.
- Helping teams to move fast in creating and scaling their infrastructure.
- Automating governance, and self-healing so that our systems become easier to manage in production
- Closely collaborating with other developers, understanding their needs and providing operational expertise when they need help
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong working knowledge of AWS services
- Experience of technical leadership, or line management of a software team
- Expertise in agile software development including continuous deployment
- Comfortable with defining Infrastructure as Code, using Terraform or Ansible
- Familiarity with Node.js environments is a plus
- Great appetite for learning and self-improvement
- Helpful, smart and pragmatic
What you'll get from us:
Joining us at an early stage is a rare opportunity, giving you the chance to work with the latest practices and technologies with minimal legacy code at all to slow you down. That includes AWS Lambda, continuous deployment, and Typescript.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including eligibility for equity. We provide free breakfast, soft drinks and fruit in our friendly office which also has a number of great facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.