Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
The primary purpose of the role will be to manage Consumer Finance at Cazoo. This is a new role within the organisation driven by the growing importance of car finance to our overall proposition.
As Head of Consumer Finance you will work closely with internal stakeholders to develop an outstanding digital customer experience, as well as driving business performance and growth through lender relationships.
This is not simply a partnership management role, the successful applicant will be an authoritative and credible individual able to influence strategic direction at group level while involved initially in the detailed delivery of initiatives across all functions.
What you’ll be doing:
Commercial delivery and growth of Cazoo’s consumer finance business:
- Expand Cazoo’s consumer finance activity, driving rapid profitable growth
- Drive the commercial strategy for FS-related marketing, product development and sales while maintaining awareness for the risk management policies and regulatory environment of our partners
- Take full responsibility for commercial aspects including budgets and profitability (P&L management for FS)
- Develop lender partnerships and optimal commercial structures, negotiating contracts and monitoring ongoing performance
Taking a lead in the development of business opportunities:
- Maximise new business opportunities
- Build and maintain the profitability of FS products and services
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across Cazoo
- Managing the FS commercial team (when developed) and providing direction for the wider supporting FS team
As a member of the senior leadership team:
- Contribute to overall strategic and business planning
- Deliver agreed strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor performance of key activities
- Produce accurate, timely and concise reports on areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with colleagues and share knowledge as appropriate
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience of managing P&Ls (lending/credit) in a FS environment, in a commercial or product role with significant partner interface in a digital business
- End to end knowledge of all functional interfaces in the lending journey within a retail environment
- Strategic partnership management
- Proven results driving significant year on year growth
- Direct experience/understanding of ecommerce and marketing skills, including brand development
- Sound financial management, including budgets, accurate reports and forecasts
- Proactive and entrepreneurial approach - evidence of start-up or new business development (not critical)
- Strategically minded, creative and analytical thinker
- Influencing skills, both in written and verbal communication
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package. You will receive a prepaid Visa card with monthly credit freely available and employee discount of the Cazoo offerings.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.