We're looking for an exceptional Senior Strategy & Outreach Organic Performance manager to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today. The role would be overseeing growth in new markets; France & Germany.
The Organic Performance strategy manager will be responsible for helping to develop and implement our organic growth strategy alongside the Head of Organic Performance and identifying new opportunities to grow our organic visibility. A big part of this role will be to identify the right content strategy to meet a customer intent and to define the right content to amplify via top-tier third party websites.
Working closely with a dedicated team of OP marketers you’ll be helping to grow organic visibility across a variety of search engines and contexts. Whether it’s supporting a potential customer looking to purchase a specific type of car but not knowing where to start; to helping a new customer find a pick-up location or familiarise themselves with our guarantee policy – we need to ensure the most helpful and best-in-class content is front and centre.
This diverse role in a fast-paced working environment will require you to be adaptable, learn fast and be pro-active in helping your team-mates wherever possible. The role will inevitably lead you to daily collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders, including Product, Content and PR, from across the business so clear and decisive communication and being comfortable and confident talking about Organic Performance will be an important factor in helping you succeed in this role.
The role requires agency partner management, which includes negotiating commercial agreements, setting a strict KPI framework and getting the most out of partners to drive results. You will work closely with the Head of Organic Performance in defining the content marketing strategy and be responsible for the results of the activity.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practice to improve our customer’s experience with Cazoo whilst driving incremental organic traffic.
You will be line managing two OP strategy managers and will be responsible for developing a performance measurement framework whilst creating a training and development plan for your team.
What you’ll be doing across FR/DE
- Building out keyword universes and working with line manager on overall strategy formarkets
- Defining Cazoo’s onsite content strategy in collaboration with the Head of Organic Performance and Content team
- Defining the content marketing strategy in collaboration with the Head of Organic Performance and Content team
- Identifying search trends, analysing a search landscape and owning all content briefs to capitalise on demand
- Updating content (in collaboration with team content) via CMS to ensure Cazoo remains relevant today
- Ensuring on-page best practice and user experience is paramount across our domains
- Implementing performance measurement framework
- Communicating strategy to stakeholders
- Local search and Google My Business management
- Managing agency partner relationships and defining KPI framework
- Line management and development of a OP strategy specialist
- Working closely with the Technical OP manager, you will ensure a best in class approach across Cazoo.com (yet to be launched)for content strategy and technical implementation.
Required skills and experience:
- Working closely with Product, PR, Content and Paid Marketing teams
- Comfortable in using BI software (GA360, Pi Datametrics, GSC, Looker etc.) to make informed data-led decisions
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Confident negotiating skills
- Experience in building out keyword universes to inform strategic decisions
- Keen eye for detail and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Fluent speaker in either German or French is favourable
Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.