Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
"Creating value" is your guiding principle and you know how to turn factual content into compelling stories that excite journalists and customers alike. You are familiar with editorial processes and understand how essential speed and precision are when working with the press. Your value-adding communication boosts our brand positively and creates strong relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into our EU Communications Team Lead, you further enhance our external communication and drive the growth of our brand in Germany. As main contact for all customer-facing media, you foster and grow your and our existing journalist and influencer network. You are responsible for the proactive, prominent positioning of our brand in German consumer media.
You develop and implement target group-oriented communication strategies and concepts in close cooperation with your international colleagues. For Germany, you identify key topics for us to address and find new, creative communication approaches and opportunities. You write compelling yet highly informative content such as press releases and develop cutting-edge digital content such as videos, blogs, podcasts and social media posts that engage with our stakeholders.
You analyse and identify emerging trends in PR and communication in the automotive industry and translate them into our language. You support across all PR disciplines, coordinate sponsorship activities, events and keynotes. The evaluation of relevant PR and communication KPIs falls within your area of responsibility, as does the regular preparation of reports for the management team.
Key skills and experience required:
- You hold a university degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in the fields of media/communication, journalism, marketing or business studies.
- You bring a minimum of 3 - 5 years of professional experience in the dynamic environment of a consumer PR agency or a communications department of a fast growth consumer tech company.
- You know the German media landscape exceptionally well, have a high affinity for new digital media formats and experience in integrated communication.
- You have an extensive, reliable network of media professionals with personal contacts to high-profile journalists, especially in consumer media.
- You write and think creatively and bring substantial experience and a proven track record of delivering results.
- As a self-starter, you roll up your sleeves and get things done. You are structured and results-oriented and your smart approaches surprise and convince.
- You enjoy working in a team and you are a sociable, engaging and curious person. You think outside the box, try things out and you are reliable and confident when dealing with complex, sensitive and confidential topics.
- You fully support the guiding principle of "Creating Value" in all your work, want to create a sustainable impact while helping shape developments, and are willing to "go the extra mile" to do so.
- You are fluent in German and English. Further EMEA language skills advantageous
Eager to find out more?