Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We're looking for an exceptional Head of Fleet & Auction Purchasing (m/f/d) to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
As Head of Fleet & Auction Purchasing (m/f/d), you will manage the department responsible for purchasing used cars.
Your team buys large quantities of used cars across Europe through various channels. You are responsible for the procurement of individual vehicles via auctions as well as the purchase of fleets. You are also responsible for the strategic direction and control of this area. You will work directly with the EU Director of Purchasing.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Portfolio planning: You will manage the overall range planning with our data-driven approach and be responsible for the profitability, variation and volume of our used car inventory.
- Strategic Relationship development: You will work closely with our stakeholders to deliver sustainable procurement performance and use effective communication skills to lead key initiatives. You will ensure the development of strong new strategic partnerships for future business models, anchoring them and driving continuous improvement of strategic deals & processes.
- Team leadership: You lead, manage and organize a team that reports to you directly. You are the "face" of the Cazoo Fleet and Auction Purchasing team and responsible for all expansion plans. Your goal is to ensure a professional, respectful and collaborative approach and interaction within the team.
- Process optimization/development & data controlling: The further development and optimisation of the purchasing processes are your responsibility. You keep track of data analysis and improve our calculations by evaluating the digital data that forms the basis for our decisions.
Required skills and experience:
- Several years of relevant professional and leadership experience from the (digital) automotive environment (experience with large scale car buying)
- Completed degree program or equivalent education/training desirable.
- Proven experience in building high potential strategic business relationships and driving commercial performance as well as process improvements.
- Data driven – ability to define and track all relevant KPIs
- Understand and challenge performance changes, present data insights and actions to stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Structured and goal-oriented approach with a clear vision of the corporate strategy.
- An excellent communicator, able to influence, persuade, listen and inspire
- You fully embrace the guiding principle of "adding value" to your work, achieving a sustainable impact and willing to go the "extra mile" to do so.
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide
- Business fluent English and good written and spoken German; other languages such as French are a plus.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package and 28 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). You will receive a prepaid Visa card with monthly credit freely available and employee discount of the Cazoo offerings.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Sounds exciting? Then please send us your application with your earliest possible start date and salary expectations. We are looking forward to having you on our team!
Rosenheimer Straße 143c
For more info, visit: