Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors
As part of your role, you will engage with our stakeholders to take requirements, ensuring you have all the information you need. You will then work with the team to formulate a technical solution, introduce it to the backlog and prioritise.
You will then be focused on delivering a host of new features and functionality that will continue to enhance our customer experience, while improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our Salesforce system.
We have a number of exciting projects on the horizon which include building bespoke inhouse tools and frameworks, integrating with third party systems using Evergreen functions, and using event publishing to communicate with the wider Cazoo ecosystem.
- You will make extensive use of Salesforce, particularly the Force.com stack including Sales,
- Service and Community.
- Working with Apex, you will build batches, schedulers and triggers as well as integrating Salesforce with third party systems via REST APIs. You’ll also be responsible for building Lightning Web Components.
- As a Senior Engineer in the team, it will fall to you to ensure the quality of code. Alongside our Quality Engineer, you’ll encourage the adoption of modern principles such as TDD, pair programming, Software Craftsmanship, and provide coaching to other Engineers.
- We have a culture of “you build it, you run it”, and as such our engineering teams deploy their own code using SFDX.
- All our teams have autonomy and a remit to self-organise around any workflows and processes they find useful. As such, you will agree with the wider team the best flavour of Agile to adopt, to aid interaction with our Product Managers, Quality Engineers, UX Designers and Data Team.
Essential skills and attributes required for success:
- As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will need to have extensive experience on the Force.com stack. We will expect you to demonstrate a broad understanding of the Salesforce platform and provide examples of how you’ve used Salesforce to solve business problems in the past.
- Experience developing in Apex is essential. You will be able to tell us about an interesting technical problem you’ve solved by developing in Apex in a previous role.
- You will have a knowledge of REST APIs and will be able to give an example of a time that you had to integrate Salesforce with a third-party API.
- We have a culture of engineering excellence within the team, with a focus on producing clean code that is well designed. During your interview, we will want to discuss the approaches you take to ensure code has a high degree of readability and maintainability.
- Most companies talk about doing TDD; we do it. You must be able to demonstrate an appetite to follow best practice TDD and understand the benefits that can be gained from doing so.
- You will have the ability to communicate and collaborate, this includes demonstrating that you are comfortable taking and understanding requirements.
- You will have worked in Agile teams before and be able to describe your contribution to various ceremonies.
- 2+ years working experience
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Germany, or a valid work permit.