Our mission is to transform the way people buy used cars in the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors. In 2020 Cazoo became the UK’s fastest-ever unicorn, hitting a billion dollar valuation and recently announced a $7bn business combination with AJAX I, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company.
The Service Director (Group Aftersales Director) has overall responsibility for the Service department at Cazoo including all servicing and valeting related activities within our growing number of Customer Centres nationwide. This leadership role inspires high performance by attracting, developing and retaining great talent and creating an exceptional experience for our Customers.
Operating as part of the senior leadership team and working with key stakeholders within Cazoo the Service Director will support further development of the service offering for Cazoo customers identifying and delivering key projects that will enhance customer satisfaction and achieve overall business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for workshop and valeting within Cazoo Customer Centres (CCC), including key role in design and development of CCC workshops and valet facilities within new and existing sites, ensuring successful opening of new sites and operations of current CCC’s.
- Provide leadership for Service teams, overseeing recruitment and development of teams to build suitable capability in our customer obsessed values led team.
- Day to day responsibility for operational and financial performance of the Service department delivering on commercial goals, identifying new opportunities.
- Oversee, along with the senior team, all operational policies and procedures for service and valet that align with the 5S’s.
- Work closely with the Pre and Post sale Customer Support teams to ensure delivery of exceptional customer experience. Identify areas for improvement and implement plans to resolve issues that arise.
- Continually increase workshop efficiency using process improvement methodologies.
- Work with facilities and H&S to ensure workshops and valet adhere to correct standards of COSHH and safe methods of operation.
- Take a leadership role in fostering a highly engaging culture where employee experience is continually improved and personal and career development is prioritised.
- Regular travel will be required across our nationwide network of CCCs.
Key skills and experience required:
- Significant experience of leading Service and Valet teams in a fast paced, consumer focused environment.
- Proven leadership ability, able to motivate large teams to deliver high quality output in line with priorities, creating a winning culture.
- Ability and experience of influencing at all levels across the organisation and beyond.
- Experience of scaling new premises and teams to drive customer and commercial advantage.
- Programme management and process improvement experience with familiarity of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to successfully work in a dynamic, fast moving startup environment.
Our values are the heart of our company. We are:
- Customer obsessed - We put the customer first in everything we do. Every interaction matters. We want to be famous for delivering the best experience and wowing our customers.
- Data driven - Data is part of our DNA and drives all decision making. We are informed and results-focused. We seek insights and understanding that will help us improve and grow.
- Fast drivers - We have an entrepreneurial passion for working at speed. We like to accelerate and don’t hang around. We make decisions and drive fast towards our goals.
- Team players - We are better as a team than as individuals. Everyone counts. We’re inclusive, supportive and respectful and are here to have fun and win together on this journey.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.