Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We’re looking for a smart, experienced and enthusiastic Front-End Software Engineer to join our Lisbon team at the early stages of our journey.
We recently launched our platform, built with a truly modern tool-chain: a fully serverless, event driven architecture with React on the front end and Typescript used throughout. The vision for Cazoo engineering is to build a world-class engineering culture and as a Software Engineer, you’ll be playing a key role in that mission.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for someone to join our cross-functional teams as a Front-End Software Engineer. You’ll be supporting the development of our customer proposition and will be building applications to support a rapidly growing business, and deliver an amazing experience to our customers.
Cazoo embraces TDD, clean code and the values and practices of XP, DevOps and Software Craftsmanship including pair programming and a “you build it, you run it” mindset. You will support the building of a culture of engineering excellence, through coaching and mentoring other engineers in your team as well as furthering your own personal development.
Your passion and experience will make a massive difference as you join a friendly team where teamwork, pride in your work and a positive and practical attitude is key. It’s important that you have strong communication skills, sound decision-making capabilities and a genuinely innovative outlook.
Key skills and experience required:
We are primarily looking for software engineers to join our teams who are humble, enthusiastic and innovative who are keen to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- You are confident in your application design and architecture skills and have a strong handle on micro-design including dependency flow, clean code and object composition
- You have extensive experience with modern software development practices such as TDD, CI/CD and a DevSecOps mindset.
- You are comfortable moving between front-end and back-end technologies, even if one of these domains is not your core expertise.
- You can demonstrate how you have supported the effective development of other engineers through coaching and mentoring.
And last but certainly not least – someone with a sizable appetite for learning and self-development, who prides themselves on being a valued member of the team!
If you’re excited by working in a greenfield environment, are customer obsessed and want to be part of building an amazing brand – we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll get from us:
- This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects at a well funded startup.
- You will be supported by a coaching team, which includes international conference speakers, dedicated to supporting your development and helping you achieve your goals. The coaches cover technical, quality and agile delivery aspects.
- You will be joining a growing, self-organising team, and will have the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done. Our teams and engineers do not work in silos, as such you will be given opportunities to use or develop skills outside of your core skill set too.
- At Cazoo, you will be an integral part of a team creating a highly visible and tangible product that’s seeking to change and replace a painful process that almost everyone must contend with at some point in their life.
- Given the growth we expect to see over the next few years there will undoubtedly be opportunities to progress your career.
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.