Cazoo is all about transforming the way people buy used cars. We believe everyone deserves to feel total assurance when buying a car. Our vision is to deliver the best online car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today. We are backed by top investors and directed by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman, OBE.
User Experience at Cazoo
Support the growth and development of our design, content and research practices. You'll help your team of UX folks connect the dots in discovery, cooperate with stakeholders across the business, and be a dependable point of contact and voice for design in a product area that stretches across a few teams. You'll work to build trust with your team, understand the business context and cultivate a culture focused on great practices and user feedback.
As a UX Manager You Will:
- Drive the future vision of this area, making sure it compliments a cohesive overall Cazoo experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- Manage a cross-functional team of designers, researchers and content designers in a single product domain (i.e. Operations, Digital Showroom)
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with product and design management
- Evangelise what good User Experience practices (content, design and research) look like with your team and the wider company
- Advocate for great user research execution, helping teams prioritise research, use it to to inform user experience decisions, and measure the impact of design over time
- Guide your team on product design and research discovery practices, helping them turn conceptual ideas into high impact solutions
- Cultivate the adoption and expansion of modular design, design systems and expand our design guidelines with your team
- Constantly cooperate with other designers to raise the bar on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and frameworks, ways of working and tools with measurable improvement
- Continuously examine, experiment, and measure improvements to our work and processes (e.g. automating tasks, improving workflows, developing repeatable methodologies).
- Give and seek feedback during critique sessions to continually raise the bar for quality in the team
- Contribute to the design culture at Cazoo and cultivate that passion in your team
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that’s not what drives you. Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat.
Cazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).