At Cazoo, we’re changing the way people research, finance and buy used cars in the UK and Europe. And we’re making strides – recently hitting 10,000 sales, hiring across all departments, and launching new products in 2021. People like what we’re doing, too. We’ve got a 4.8 rating on TrustPilot.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to work with an agile squad of engineers, a product manager and researchers to help consumer finance shine at Cazoo. You’ll be part of our growing design team, helping our customers find the best financing opportunities to buy or lease Cazoo's great cars.
Joining a young, thriving company is a rare opportunity. You’ll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals, but you’ll be supported by kind, smart colleagues. Together, you’ll constantly research, ship and improve a product that’s genuinely helping people.
What you’ll do:
- Help customers connect with the perfect deal for them using a mix of tools and experiences like vehicle data, finance and affordability, microsites, landing pages and prequalification tools
- Drive innovative and customer informed evolutions of our financial products
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to help customers engage with the right financing options for them in their buying journey
- Advocate for strong collaboration with researchers
- Facilitate design discovery including: usability testing, exploratory research, scenario mapping, journey mapping, Jobs to be Done, etc.)
- Support the rest of your product team by exploring and validating design ideas; this includes being able to prototype, design, test, and iterate on your ideas while working with product managers, developers, researchers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure we solve the right problems by working closely with product managers and stakeholders to negotiate outcomes and deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact.
- Ensure consistency across customer touchpoints and journeys
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills and have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team and you’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You're a strategic thinker with a strong commercial mindset and focus on the impact of your work to the business as a whole
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic. You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with others and bringing them together to align on the big picture
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both orally and in writing. Experience of driving a content-first approach in previous roles, with the ability to advocate and explain content design approaches and methodologies
- Bags of motivation! You’ll be joining a dynamic, fast-moving startup where agility is key.
- You're passionate about advocating for design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).