We're looking for a senior product designer to drive tools and technologies for Vehicle Production (Prep and Refurbishment) at Cazoo. You'll work in a product squad with product managers, engineers, and interface with stakeholders across the operations side of the business. This role is focused on internal technologies for Operations and Logistics.
You should be able to facilitate discovery with your team and have a developed toolkit of workshops and practices that support you. You will ensure the quality of design across Operations and internal tools teams, balancing the needs of our users with needs of the business.
You should be comfortable with some travel to Prep Centres, Cazoo Customer Centres to understand manual and physical processes that power our services.
- Document systems interactions, integrations and dependencies in service blueprints, system maps, etc. to inform product decisions
- Execute user research, prototyping and testing with employees and other people who interact with the products and services you build
- Ensure we solve the right problems by working closely with product managers and stakeholders
- Create a clear product research base to inform decisions by researching and testing with people
- Facilitate workshops and interviews with key internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on making informed product decisions
- You will be laser focused on team alignment and strategy, and help the team succeed across multiple inter-dependent needs
- Support and mentor other members of the team and key stakeholders in Service Design best practices
This role is for an expert practitioner who has worked on large-scale and complex projects. You should be able to get stuck in and drive results quickly and effectively.
- Skilled with service design, interaction design and user research, you regularly facilitate workshops and align teams on outcomes
- Specialised in user-centred design practices, with a focus on accessibility and inclusive design in agile, multidisciplinary teams
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory constraints, and stakeholder feedback.
- You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you're very comfortable with all of it.
- You nurture agreement in teams by having a developed toolkit of product discovery techniques and workshops to help facilitate design discussions and get people aligned on the problem.
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that’s not what drives you. Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there's data, use data.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.