What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
The Head of Growth will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help build and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap and through constant testing. This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with Digital Product, Marketing and Creative teams to identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth. Additionally, you will own setting key performance targets (CAC, Retention, LTV), forecasting and reporting on results.
This is a unique opportunity to join at the earliest stages and have a significant role in building a company from the ground up and shaping the direction and success of the business. Since the team will be small initially, you must be both a strategic leader and someone that loves to get their hands dirty. This role will report to the CEO.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing.
- Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels, with experience in Paid Social, SEM, Display, and Affiliates highly preferred).
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CAC, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, and a highly organized “doer,” with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action.
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Proven ability to leverage multiple data sources to develop hypotheses and execute rapid test and learn strategies.
- Deep expertise of ad/web/email reporting and analytics platforms, such as Google AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.
- Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs and multiple attribution models.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative/brand marketing and product management teams.
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience in a growth-stage company highly preferred.
What you will accomplish:
- Own growth marketing strategy and inform our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention.
- Own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs, including new customer acquisition, CAC, retention, LTV/payback.
- Lead day-to-day management of growth agency partner in key online channels (i.e., Paid Social, SEM, Display). Longer term, build an internal team that will drive paid acquisition channels, including the planning and execution of paid campaigns across online and offline channels and expansion into new acquisition channels (i.e., podcasts, direct mail, etc.).
- Design and implement optimization tests across our end-to-end customer funnel (from acquisition through lifecycle retention).
- Develop and drive lifecycle retention programs, including transactional messaging, trigger programs and large-scale campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Creative) to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, and reporting needed to manage programs.
- Own management and results of ad channels, including budgeting, reporting, and efficiency optimization.
- Collaborate with functional partners to forecast and plan company revenue growth.
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals to manage marketing channels.
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
Cat Person and Harry’s Inc. are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Cat Person’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.