Catena media is an online marketing company, driving the way forward for lead generation. In Serbia, we do this by operating AskGamblers.com that help players find the right iGaming operator according to their preferences. To help us do this, we are seeking an experienced Backend Developer to join our awesome team!
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
As a Senior Backend Developer, your responsibility is, starting from User Stories created by our Product Owners, to create business value through developing software that makes these stories come alive. Our development teams are highly agile, self-organizing and self-sufficient, and excel at understanding how to solve business problems through clean implementations of code. While we can teach you skills, your attitude and aptitude towards software development is going to be the most important aspect that we are looking for.
Your day to day work will center around participating in the work the team you belong needs to do. Everyone in the team is expected to drive together to reach the User Story or quality goals and deliver high-quality features. Typical things developer in the team does are:
- Understand business requirements and convert them to a solution design
- Code the design together with other developers in the team
- Do code reviews
- Write tests and documentation
- Work with QA’s to verify functionality
- Fix bugs and retest
- Deploy your code to live environments
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
You probably have a degree in Computer Science, or skills and experience to match. You have been working in software development for at least 6 years, of which at least one has been as a senior. You are well versed in object-oriented design and know your way around SOA.
- PHP application development experience
- Symfony, Laravel, or some other well-known PHP framework experience
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Web service development experience
- Experience with GIT and Jenkins is a plus
- Cursory DevOps knowledge is a plus