ANIMATOR - Temporary
Cat Daddy Games is more than just a mobile video game company; we are a passionate and close-knit team of creators. Based in Kirkland, Washington, we combine our innovative spirit with the support and expertise of Take-Two Interactive to push the boundaries of what's possible in the gaming industry. With our focus on live service projects like WWE SuperCard and NBA 2K Mobile, we constantly strive to deliver engaging and unforgettable moments for our players.
This is a temporary assignment up to 12 months. This role will be required to be on-site 5 days a week.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy is seeking temporary Animation help to support the on time launch of a new mobile game title. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative and technical background and a collaborative spirit - ready to partner with our team to create games that wow and amaze our players!
What You Will Do:
- Work with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs for the studio’s mobile game titles.
- Deliver content that fits each game’s vision while also being mindful of all technical requirements and constraints.
- Utilize limited and more sophisticated rigs to meet creative needs
- Implement, test, and debug animations using Cat Daddy’s proprietary software and in-game debugging tools.
- Proactively seek feedback from your Lead to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Rapidly iterate and refine ideas based on feedback.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Proven experience as an Animator. Mobile gaming experience preferred!
- Extensive experience using 3DS Max with character setup and animation.
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to build creative custom rigging solutions for atypical characters in 3DS Max.
- Strong understanding of the 12 principles of animation as well as understanding the importance of crafting strong silhouettes based on camera placement.
- Experience crafting hand key animation. Comfortable working with motion capture for gameplay features is a plus.
- Self-starter with a problem-solving demeanor with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Comfort with using source control software, such as Perforce.
- A good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- Aptitude to learn new software, tools, and technologies.
- A passion for games!
To be considered, applicants must provide an online portfolio showcasing previous work. Applicants without a portfolio, reel, or demo work will not be considered.
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider joining our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on this link, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $28.85 and $43.27 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to medical insurance. Employees will also receive 10 paid sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.