2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy is seeking a UI Artist to join our team and use their transitional art/graphic design skills to build, improve, and implement UI art resources for our mobile titles. In collaboration with other artists and designers you will create an exciting and rewarding game experience for our players.
What You Will Do:
- Concept and create highly polished user interfaces
- Create 2D and 3D UI art resources, including icons, buttons, banners, basic animations, and other assets as needed
- Evaluate current UI and recommend improvements
- Use proprietary tools to implement art, animations, and functionality into our proprietary game engine
- Work closely with Design, Tech Art and Art leadership to ensure art assets align with the game design and established art style while maintaining quality standards.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in game/app development. Experience in mobile is a plus!
- Strong graphic design and traditional art skills with the ability to create assets from sketches all the way to final game art
- Functional knowledge of UI/UX standards and practices
- Proven understanding of the limitations of information display and interactivity on current mobile devices
- Prior experience with UI implementation in game engines, preferably industry standard engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience with industry standard 2D/3D graphics applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, 3dsmax, etc.
- Skilled in a secondary art focus area such as motion graphics, typography, animation, modeling, or special effects
- Self-motivated problem solver, able to break down asset requests and execute with little instruction when needed.
- Can respond elegantly and professionally to difficult creative changes throughout the development cycle
- Familiarity with the following tools is a plus: Perforce, TestTrackPro (PerforceHelix ALM), and Favro
- A passion for games!
To be considered, applicants must provide an online portfolio showcasing previous work. Applicants without a portfolio, reel or demo work will not be considered.
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $90,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.