2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
Cat Daddy is headquartered in Kirkland, WA.
What We Need:
Using a combination of technical and traditional art skills, the UI Tech Artist plays a significant role in shaping the visual art to support the overall game design and user experience for our mobile titles.
What You Will Do:
- Translate UX design concepts, sketches, etc. into greybox mesh frameworks, iterating as necessary
- Work closely with design, art, and development teams to ensure artistic unity is maintained and any changes in UX design are incorporated in all UI resources
- Sketch or concept ideas to contribute to the overall visual appeal for UI and presentation
- Use our proprietary tools and processes to create UI that elevates the quality of aesthetics and enhances the overall user experience
- Create various 2D and 3D UI art resources, including; wireframe skinning, icons, buttons, menu layouts, basic animations, and other assets as needed
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mobile game/app development
- Expert knowledge of 3D Studio Max
- Proven understanding of the limitations of information display and interactivity on today's mobile devices
- Ability to break down asset requests and execute on specifics, with or without close direction
- Organized and detailed. File and layer names are as important as your family name
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, typography, animation, modeling, skinning, or lighting
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches all the way to final game art
- Familiarity with the following tools is a plus: Perforce, TestTrackPro (Perforce Helix ALM), and Favro
- A passion for games!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $90,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.