2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy is seeking talented Game Artists to join our team and create high-quality art assets for our mobile game title(s). The ideal candidate has versatile art experience with specialist knowledge and skills in at least one category of digital art production such as concept art, 3D modeling, texturing, graphic design, and/or user interface. This position reports to the assigned project Art Lead and is based in Kirkland, WA.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with Art Lead and project Art Team to create high-quality game art assets in line with the overall aesthetic and artistic vision.
- Adhere to production and workflow pipelines, delivering within given deadlines while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Actively participate in team art discussions/reviews. Providing and receiving feedback in a professional and collaborative manner.
- May provide mentorship and guidance to other Artists.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years of professional industry experience. Mobile experience is a plus!
- Excellent drawing and illustration skills.
- Proficiency in industry standard art software such as Photoshop, Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, or similar.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful when necessary.
- Positive and coachable team player with a strong work ethic and high attention to detail.
- A passion for video games!
- Online portfolio required
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or catdaddy.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $70,000 and $105,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.