Cat Daddy Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K label. Founded 25+ years ago by two industry veterans, Cat Daddy has shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
We are growing and seeking an experienced Game Designer to join our team! The Cat Daddy studio is located in Kirkland, WA.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy is seeking a Game Designer to join our team of artists, engineers, and product managers to collaborate on game feature designs and monetization strategies for free-to-play mobile games. The ideal candidate has shipped multiple F2P mobile games in a design role, from concept to live operations.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with development team leads to define the creative vision for the game and game features.
- Design and develop gameplay systems that challenge and delight players, driving long-term retention and monetization.
- Collaborate with the team through all phases of development, including working with production and product management to effectively scope, prioritize, and deliver at the highest quality levels.
- Tune and balance gameplay and monetization systems based on qualitative/quantitative data analysis and play-testing.
- Drive live operations, developing plans, and deploying live initiatives to deliver on targeted KPIs and improve on successes.
Who We Think Will be an Excellent Fit:
- 5+ years of game design experience, with a focus on free-to-play mobile games. Experience designing card-collecting, card-battling, and/or deck-building games is a plus!.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or comparable, relevant work experience.
- Expert-level understanding of the mobile game landscape from a game design perspective, including game economies, data analysis, and back-end environments.
- World-class communication skills, with proven ability to produce effective design documentation
- A great teammate who can collaborate with engineers and artists on game development.
- Experience with common software development tools – e.g. source control, bug databases, project management suites, etc.
- Fan of major league sports is a big plus!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on this link, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two. Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or catdaddy.com accounts.