UNREAL TECHNICAL ARTIST
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need
We are growing and looking for an experienced Unreal Technical Artist to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity to apply your Unreal expertise to help the Cat Daddy studio build and launch its first title using the Unreal engine, from the ground up.
As the subject matter expert, you will play a critical role in advancing the team’s Unreal knowledge through mentoring, training, and knowledge sharing. The ideal candidate is a seasoned Technical Artist, has extensive experience with the Unreal Engine, excellent interpersonal skills, and a genuine interest in helping others learn and grown.
This position reports to the Technical Art Lead and is based in Kirkland, WA.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain technologies and art workflows. (Environments, props, characters, shaders, lighting, and rigs)
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to identify new workflows and technologies to improve pipelines and streamline the creation processes
- Mentor other team members, providing guidance and best practices in the use of the Unreal engine
- Collaborate with Technical Art Lead and other Technical Artists to find opportunities for improved workflows and tools
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure build stability, and to ensure that memory and performance budgets are being maintained
Who We Believe Will Be a Great Fit
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience using the Unreal Engine, ideally having shipped at least one title with Unreal.
- Proficient in 3DSMAX and Maya with significant experience creating tools, shaders, character rigs, and workflows
- Familiarity with Python and Blueprint
- Experience using Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop, Perforce, and Confluence
- Strong interpersonal skills with an interest in knowledge sharing and helping others learn
- Love for video games!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider joining our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.