Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans. Now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, we are part of a pretty big family! And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun and dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy is seeking a Game Designer to join our team of artists, engineers, and product managers to collaborate on game feature designs and monetization strategies for free-to-play mobile games. The ideal candidate has shipped multiple F2P mobile games in a design role, from concept to live operations.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with development team leads to define the creative vision for the game and game features.
- Design and develop gameplay systems that challenge and delight players, driving long-term retention and monetization.
- Collaborate with the team through all phases of development, including working with production and product management to effectively scope, prioritize, and deliver at the highest quality levels.
- Tune and balance gameplay and monetization systems based on qualitative/quantitative data analysis and play-testing.
- Drive live operations, developing plans, and deploying live initiatives to deliver on targeted KPIs and improve on successes.
Who We Think Will be an Excellent Fit:
- 5+ years of game design experience, with a focus on free-to-play mobile games. Experience designing card-collecting, card-battling, and/or deck-building games is a plus!.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or comparable, relevant work experience.
- Expert-level understanding of the mobile game landscape from a game design perspective, including game economies, data analysis, and back-end environments.
- World-class communication skills, with proven ability to produce effective design documentation
- A great teammate who can collaborate with engineers and artists on game development.
- Experience with common software development tools – e.g. source control, bug databases, project management suites, etc.
- Fans of the NBA and WNBA, who follow the sports' current events, major personalities, and fan culture is a plus!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.