BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
As our QA team continues to grow, we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate QA Lead across various Mobile titles. You will support your project team in executing test plans on pre and post release versions of mobile game software to detect and record product defects. You will work closely with our producers, developers, and engineers. Our QA Leads supervise and assist in the development of QA staff. Reports to a QA Director or Manager.
- Oversee product quality by leading the various stages of testing on each project(s)
- Manage team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing and all test cases executed for final release testing results
- Develop test plans and documentation
- Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were correctly identified as resolved
- Manage projects’ progress: assess personnel, skill sets, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables in order to provide frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers
- Supervise staff (Associate Leads, Senior Testers and 10-30 Testers, some potentially acting as Pod Leaders)
- Interview, train, evaluate performance, and support progressive discipline
- Establish and maintain team work schedules, mentor Associate Leads, and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to QA Testers
- Manage production of all testing deliverables including daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports
- Support Producers and Developers by setting up and running bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all necessary documentation
- Lead discussions on the status of bugs and the game in testing phase
- Collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PCs, game consoles and mobile devices
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Advanced MS Suite and Outlook skills
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP and Jira
- Intermediate G Suite
- Extensive game knowledge with a desire to learn
- Has demonstrated understanding and live by the departments’ core values
- Consistently presents as a positive role model to QA staff
- 4+ years of professional QA Testing experience, with experience across mobile platforms (preferably games)
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any overtime, which can occur during the workweek, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- Bachelors Degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.