Catch Co. is looking for a Senior Accountant to support the finance function and leadership team who are keenly focused on data driven decision making. The role uniquely exposes the candidate to have a birds eye view of the accounting and finance for multiple business models with an omni channel presence. The candidate will be a trusted advisor on accounting-related matters and will have the opportunity to be involved with a breadth of areas (treasury, banking, working capital analysis, business improvements, etc).
What You Will Do:
- Set accounting/financial reporting strategy, establish controls and ensure GAAP compliance
- Manage internal and third-party resources in executing our accounting/financial reporting
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Generate and deliver monthly, quarterly, annual budget variance analysis
- Conduct cost reviews to identify savings opportunities
- Manage inventory costing across business lines and work with BD to ensure accuracy
- Manage borrowing base calculations and all of the associated reporting needs
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Assist with annual budgeting process as needed
- Lead annual audit process
- Identify opportunities for process improvements for accounting and bookkeeping
- Direct external partners in the preparation of tax & other regulatory filings
- Identify opportunities for system improvements and future accounting/financial system implementation
- Support FP&A efforts as needed in generating cash flow projections and manage cash burn
- Provide support for high-impact strategic projects (e.g., M&A, fundraising, new business launches)
- Provide support for investor touchpoints as needed (e.g., board slides)
What Experience You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA certification preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in Accounting, Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Experience working in inventory-based businesses strongly preferred
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Google Suite
- Firm grasp on financial statement analysis and corporate accounting fundamentals
What Will Make You Successful:
- Analytical skills and a structured approach to solving business problems
- Passion for process improvement, with an emphasis on automation
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to think creatively and critically in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization while working under pressure
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently or among teams with keen judgment, common sense and resourcefulness; Highly motivated, self-directed, and innovative
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co., our purpose is to rescue humanity from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
Benefits for full-time employees: We believe...
...in rescuing humanity from the indoors
- 3 week “explore your passion” paid sabbatical every 3 years of tenure
- flexible remote work
- “take what you need” paid time off
- 11 annual company holidays
- free Karl’s Club membership and $100 in shopkarls.com credit each year
- free MTB Pro monthly subscription
- various all company outdoor events
- outdoor industry discount program
...In supporting our people, as people
- wellness events through Bright.com
- 401(K) match program and financial planning education
- $600 work from home stipend
- $50/month internet stipend
- medical, dental and vision insurance (premium covered 80-100%)
- paid parental leave
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- employer-sponsored disability insurance
- employer-sponsored life insurance
- pet insurance
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- and more optional plans: legal, identity theft, accident, etc
...Our best perk is our community and optimistic coworkers
- community-building “house system”
- core value awards
- team-building events
- company sponsored employee intramural teams
- incredibly active Slack community
- all company bi-annual retreats (B.A.S.S. week)
- employee passion groups (ex: Sustainability, Catch Co Gives Back)
- employee resource groups (ERGs) through True Ventures
...In investing in lifelong curiosity and passion
- history of bass fishing presentations
- peer-led fireside chats
- all company organizational development
- management & leadership development
- external education and training reimbursement program
...In paying people fairly
- annual base compensation benchmarking review
- annual options grants benchmarking review
...We’re all partners on this fishing trip and each of us is responsible for contributing to the success of our purpose, mission and vision
- bi-annual development reviews
- visibility to all company OKR’s (objective & key results) and progress