Catch Co. is an industry-disrupting company that is bringing something new and exciting to fishing on a daily basis. We are looking for candidates with a creative fire in their belly and a passion for creating high level design.
We are searching for a detail oriented and organized Print & Packaging Production Designer to own our internal packaging development process from beginning to end, and lead design for all print materials across Brands.
What you will do:
- Generate packaging artwork from existing assets and prepare packaging assets for final production.
- Full project management of the packaging process, from submission of guidelines to our vendors, to facilitating final packaging approval.
- Own the communication stream between our vendors, Design Team, Creative Team, and Product Management team as it relates to all matters packaging.
- Coordinate and approve packaging fit and finish between various components.
- UPC Code and Attribute generation and assignment.
- Marketing Sample intake review and approval.
- Prototype packaging as needed along with the NPD team.
- Print out and assemble packaging mockups.
- Create designs for print materials to support design needs of various teams.
- Support the Design Team in creating product artwork where needed.
What experience you need:
- 2-4 years’ experience working specifically with paper packaging & print production/design
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent education/training
- Fluency with Adobe CS, primarily Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Monday.com, and proofing software are all a plus
What will make you successful:
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creativity and passion for learning
- Self-motivated and growth-oriented mindset
- Ability to see both the big picture and small details simultaneously
- Being comfortable being uncomfortable
We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume and portfolio review
- Phone interview
- Take home exercise
- Interviews via Google Meet
- Reference checks
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue humanity from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
Benefits for full-time employees: We believe...
...in rescuing humanity from the indoors
- 3 week “explore your passion” paid sabbatical every 3 years of tenure
- flexible remote work
- “take what you need” paid time off
- 11 annual company holidays
- free Karl’s Club membership and $100 in shopkarls.com credit each year
- free MTB Pro monthly subscription
- various all company outdoor events
- outdoor industry discount program
...In supporting our people, as people
- wellness events through Bright.com
- 401(K) match program and financial planning education
- $600 work from home stipend
- $50/month internet stipend
- medical, dental and vision insurance (premium covered 80-100%)
- paid parental leave
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- employer-sponsored disability insurance
- employer-sponsored life insurance
- pet insurance
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- and more optional plans: legal, identity theft, accident, etc
...Our best perk is our community and optimistic coworkers
- community-building “house system”
- core value awards
- team-building events
- company sponsored employee intramural teams
- incredibly active Slack community
- all company bi-annual retreats (B.A.S.S. week)
- employee passion groups (ex: Sustainability, Catch Co Gives Back)
- employee resource groups (ERGs) through True Ventures
...In investing in lifelong curiosity and passion
- history of bass fishing presentations
- peer-led fireside chats
- all company organizational development
- management & leadership development
- external education and training reimbursement program
...In paying people fairly
- annual base compensation benchmarking review
- annual options grants benchmarking review
...We’re all partners on this fishing trip and each of us is responsible for contributing to the success of our purpose, mission and vision
- bi-annual development reviews
- visibility to all company OKR’s (objective & key results) and progress