Catch Co. is looking for an experienced Head of Brand & Marketing Strategy to bring strategic thinking, innovation, structure, and creativity to a diverse array of brand and marketing initiatives. Over the past 9 years, we have launched numerous successful product and commerce brands. We now need a strong leader to own this brand portfolio, effectively position those brands in the market, construct an innovative product roadmap for each brand, collaborate cross-functionally to optimize brand-level financial results, and build brand awareness through a diverse mix of marketing activities. This role reports directly to our Chief Customer & Marketing Officer and will partner closely with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including our Creative, Marketing, Category Management, and GM teams.
What you will do:
- Own company-wide brand portfolio, spanning commerce and OEM product brands.
- Identify market whitespace and launch new brands.
- Successfully build and position existing brands based on an in-depth understanding of target consumers, category trends, and competitive dynamics.
- Manage product portfolio for OEM brands, including SKU rationalization and prioritization of new product development whitespace.
- Drive brand-level financial results through strategic product pricing decisions, new product launch forecasting, and extensive collaboration with category managers and channel GMs.
- Own a robust PR/earned media agenda as we tell the Catch Co. story more broadly.
- Execute a diverse mix of brand awareness campaigns across mediums, including linear TV, print, out of home, and podcasts.
- Manage a range of events and experiential activations, including our recently-launched ‘Bassmobile’ mobile tour.
- Collaborate with the full Marketing team and other cross-functional peers to maintain a rolling marketing calendar, coordinate campaign/promotion execution, and codify ‘what good looks like’ for new product launches.
What experience you need:
- 7+ years of diverse marketing experience, including a proven track record of building successful consumer brands through innovative cross-channel execution.
- Experience managing broad OEM product portfolios and delivering on aggressive brand-level financial goals.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
What will make you successful:
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of cross-functional peers.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Consistent focus on customer experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities and deep brand and marketing domain expertise.
- Willingness to initiate and execute change.
- Comfort shifting between hands-on execution and strategizing.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities in an evolving landscape.
- Passion for learning and a devotion to data and testing.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.