Position Overview: Catch Co. is looking for a Customer Support Associate who is passionate about fishing and motivated to improve our overall customer experience. When our customers have questions, requests, issues, or suggestions about our services, they turn to our Customer Support team for answers. The Customer Support Associate acts as the direct link between Catch Co. and our existing and potential customers by providing specific information about the services and products we offer. This position will also closely assist the Senior Customer Support Manager in evaluating and improving the customer experience by analyzing order fulfillment trends and operational enhancement opportunities.
What you will do:
- Respond to and resolve customer support inquiries through email, phone, live chat, SMS, and social media channels
- Manage customer accounts and troubleshoot customer issues using our online eCommerce platform
- Report and analyze customer inquiries for identifiable patterns to improve our service and overall customer experience
- Assist the team with high complexity customer inquiries
- Suggest products that will help enhance the customers' fishing experience
- Help create the best possible customer experience by using data and collaborating cross-functionally across internal teams
What experience you need:
- 1-2 years of customer service/customer facing experience (call center experience is a plus)
- A love of fishing and a strong knowledge of fishing techniques and products
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, HelpScout, Zendesk, and Just Call is a plus
What will make you successful:
- A Positive Attitude
- An Empathetic Mindset
- Clear Communication Skills
- High-Level Problem-Solving Abilities
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two week-long company retreats per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - we cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership, $100 of store credit and free swag
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.