Have you always dreamt about driving a giant RV that has been retrofitted to look like a bass? Would your family be super proud for you to roll into town in a fish-mobile? Well we have the job for you (seriously). Catch Co. is hitting the road for a first-of-its-kind mobile tour. We’re currently transforming an RV into the world’s first ‘Bassmobile’ and we need a passionate and energetic angler to captain this rig for a nationwide, six-month tour. The tour is our company’s way of connecting with consumers, sharing the joys of fishing, producing some great content, and exposing anglers to the incredible brands, products, and services we have developed. The vehicle will appear at everything from school educational events to trade shows, fairs, and NASCAR races. The Catch Co. AmBASSAdor will be supported by a team at our headquarters but will be responsible for driving the vehicle between stops, filming an on-the-road video series, working with temp staffing to set up and execute on-site activations, maintaining a visible social media presence, and handling a wide array of unanticipated tasks as the tour evolves. This is a truly unique role and we’re looking for an equally unique individual to capitalize on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
What you will do:
- Drive and maintain a custom truck/trailer combination throughout the 6-month tour (with professional maintenance support as required).
- Manage event logistics, including setup, tear down, and management of local temp staff and influencers.
- Passionately engage with consumers and partners throughout the tour. This will include everything from teaching middle school students to fish to handing out hats at an outdoor music festival.
- Maintain an active and visible social media presence via our company profiles.
- Film a recurring video series that follows the Bassmobile around the country.
- Conduct product sales and new product launches at various locations.
- Stay up to date on the full range of Catch Co. brands, products, services, and offerings.
- Communicate regularly with headquarters staff (including sharing event recaps, uploading photos and video assets, planning tour logistics, and surfacing new and unique opportunities to better serve our customers).
- Ensure seamless execution of the tour and results that meet or exceed company targets.
- Adjust to frequently changing schedules and needs given the fluid nature of a tour like this.
- Conduct yourself and operate the vehicle in compliance with company policies and all applicable laws and regulations
What experience you need:
- Deep understanding of the sport of fishing, including gear, techniques, fish species, and waterways.
- On-camera experience and/or willingness to regularly appear on camera.
- Proven ability to passionately and energetically engage with consumers.
- Willingness to work hands-on with a diverse mix of projects (including setting up and tearing down events).
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to rapidly-changing priorities and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clean driving record and ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and random tests throughout contract term.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and willingness to sleep in a travel trailer for extended stretches of time.
- Comfort making minor vehicle repairs on the road.
- Must be willing and able to regularly stay on the road for an extended period of time and work an unpredictable mix of days, nights, weekends, and holidays (with pre-scheduled vacation time built into the schedule).
What will make you successful:
- Nonstop energy, infectious passion, and an amazing level of flexibility in adapting to rapidly-changing situations.
- Confident but careful driving of a truck-and-trailer combination.
- The ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Being a can-do self-starter who can solve a wide variety of problems.
- Love for engaging with people and a camera-ready personality.
- Deep existing level of knowledge about all things fishing.
Contractors unfortunately are not able to participate in Catch Co's benefit program.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.