Position Overview (Mission):
At Catch Co., we are on a mission to rescue people from the indoors. As Visual Design Director, you will lead the charge in creating disruptive design executions that make authentic connections to those we seek to serve. The ideal Visual Design Director is a skilled project manager with previous experience working under tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
What you will need:
- BA in Visual / Communication design
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration, and animation
- Experience in creation and production of packaging design
- Strong knowledge of print and web production best practices
- Portfolio that demonstrates creative skills
- Experience in eCommerce
- Outstanding communication skills & ability to incorporate stakeholder feedback
- High level of proficiency in Adobe CC, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Trello, Wordpress
- A sense of humor!
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus (but not a requirement!)
- Experience in fishing is a plus (but not a requirement!)
- Experience in User Experience (UX) is a plus (but not a requirement!)
- Experience in Environmental Graphic Design is a plus (but not a requirement!)
What you will do:
- Collaboration: You will work closely with our CCO and teams of content writers, developers, data / marketing specialists and product designers.
- Time management: The position requires scheduling projects with critical stakeholders that effectively meet project needs.
- Production management. The position requires managing the print and web production workflow.
- Analytical thinking. You will analyze data and stakeholder feedback and determine a way to incorporate the findings.
- Multitasking. You will need to keep projects and team members on schedule, often under tight deadlines.
What will make you successful:
- Collaborative: You must be able to work in a cross-team environment.
- Growth Oriented: You must be open to learning new skills to meet our ever-growing brand strategies.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable: This is a creative position, and as such, critiques are critical to growth.
- Strong communication skills: You need to be a skilled written and verbal communicator.
- Strong attention to detail: You should believe the difference between good work and great work is in the details.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.