This remote position will have the opportunity to support our back end systems, engaging with retail and wholesale orders, purchase orders, inventory management, and fulfillment systems. These are critical applications that support our teams as well as our e-commerce properties such as Mystery Tackle Box and Karl’s Bait and Tackle. The Software Test Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the software features and functionality meets the needs of the business and is free from defects.
Why Catch Co?
Catch Co's engineering team has built a robust digital platform that supports our multiple lines of business and we're looking to keep our momentum going as our team grows.
- Have an immediate impact and put your experience to use; help define and guide the QA process as you grow within the role.
- Work alongside a veteran team of engineers and product owners that prioritize building the right products and building them well.
- We hire people that are hungry to learn, always looking to grow and are great to work with.
- Work remotely! Other team members work from home throughout the United States.
- Regular “outdoors days” to escape the office and go fishing, hiking, boating, or something else equally as awesome.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain documentation including test plans, test cases, test data, and testing progress (functional and regression)
- Execute manual and automated test plans for new and existing functionality
- Recommend and identify areas for improvement in all stages of the product life cycle
- Identify risks and areas of opportunity for test automation
- Track, identify and escalate production and release issues within our issue tracker
- Collaborate with the product, UX, and engineering teams to ensure features and functionality meet business needs
What we’re looking for:
- UI validation and testing (manual or automated)
- Testing non-UI system components such as relational data (SQL), Web services, XML
- Understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, metrics, techniques, and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Writing thorough and reproducible bug reports
- Experienced and efficient working within a fully remote Agile team environment; including communications and video meetings (Slack, Google Meet, etc)
- Passionate for software testing and technology
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Quickly able to gain a deep understanding of complex domains
- JIRA/Product management tools
- Nice to have: Programming experience in C#/.NET
We aim to reply to all applicants within a week of receiving your application. Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do. The stages include:
- Resume review
- Phone interview
- Skill assessment test
- Interviews via Google Meet/Zoom
- References check
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.