Catch Co. is looking for a strategic and experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead our company’s financial organization and financial strategy. This is a critical role as Catch Co. looks to scale our 3 primary businesses to ensure proper execution, planning and analysis. The role will also oversee legal and technical HR functions of the company. The CFO must be well-versed in financial management, especially accounting, treasury/cash management, financial forecasting, management of investors/bankers, and evaluating strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will also have experience in startups and in executing fundraising and/or transactions.
What you will do:
- Drive the company’s financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting process
- Set overall capital structure strategy with regards to debt, working capital, and financing
- Deliver regular reporting to the executive team, board, and investors
- Recommend investment strategies and advise on capital allocation to ensure the company is allocating funds to highest value areas
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans
- Setup appropriate accounting practices for reporting on company financial performance, especially in driving proper managerial accounting across the company’s various business lines
- Manage overall treasury and cash flow to ensure adequate funding of company operations
- Manage finance team of finance lead, controller, AP/AR, and FP&A. Structure team as appropriate to meet company goals
- Work closely with marketing team to optimize large marketing budgets against most efficient and effective marketing channels and strategies
- Manage vendor relationships where appropriate
- Work closely with company auditors on accounting practices and oversee annual audit
- Identify areas for improvement in financial performance, especially for improving gross margins and operating profit
- Perform appropriate risk management activities, and ensure company has appropriate insurance and risk mitigation policies
- Work with external legal advisors, and ensure compliance with legal
- Manage our outsourced PEO organization on employee benefits and compliance matters
- Provide support for high-impact strategic projects, potential mergers/acquisitions or other business development activities
- Manage tax reporting and tax management, including industry specific tax challenges
What experience you need:
- Proven experience as CFO, head of finance or other relevant role, ideally in company of at least $100M in revenue
- Experience in businesses that buy and sell inventory
- Experience in businesses with complex or international supply chains is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in startups preferred
- Proficient in the use of Excel and financial management software
- Experience in fundraising preferred
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and people skills
- CPA is strongly preferred
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.