The Catch Company is looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization Associate to join our revenue team. This individual will work closely with our revenue, marketing, and development teams to optimize on-site performance across all of our digital properties.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- The role is also a great fit for candidates who are interested in learning more about modern consumer product startups and the fishing and outdoor industry
- The role presents an opportunity to work on several unique sites with distinct value proposition and unique goals / challenges
- Our tech stack includes a robust data infrastructure and best-in-class personalization tools, including Dynamic Yield
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
What you will do:
- Create, execute, and refine testing roadmap to optimize around our site performance and personalization goals.
- Manage day-to-day conversion rate optimization and testing on all our digital properties
- Use Dynamic Yield to build new campaigns, including defining strategy and impacted audience, building testable variants, and implementing the campaigns on site
- Collaborate with our software development resources to manage generation of any new code required for new front-end campaigns
- Identify improvements that can be made to our event tracking, A/B testing methodology, and data analysis to inform further optimization and improvements
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of on-site ecommerce optimization experience, preferably for consumer products
- Working knowledge of statistics to accurately set up experiments and interpret testing performance
- Experience using VWO, Optimizely, Google Optimize, or similar A/B testing tools
- (Preferable) Experience using Dynamic Yield or a similar personalization platform
What will make you successful:
- Self-starter / Motivated
- Collaborative – able to work with stakeholders to get things done
- Analytical / data-centric problem solving approach
- Improving, not satisfied w/ status quo (stays up to date, learns new technologies, etc.)
- Sees the forest and the trees (able to consider problems and solutions at multiple levels of abstraction)
- Creative (novel solutions based on understanding of context – knowing when not to be creative and apply an existing solution that works)
- Flexible – update your mental model as new facts / arguments emerge
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office!)
- And more :)
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.