Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PROVIDING AMAZING SERVICE
The Senior Financial Accountant role is an all-encompassing role spanning across all regions and subsidiaries of the Company and requiring a detailed and thorough knowledge of international accounting standards and financial operations. The role reports directly to the Director, Global Finance and is based in the Melbourne office.
This role will require a keen eye for detail, a disciplined approach to processes and procedures and a continuous improvement mentality. The ideal person will be someone enthused and energised about working for a global leader in its industry and being a key member of a global finance team.
The successful candidate will have the interesting yet challenging opportunity to work across different functions of the company in a fast paced and supportive environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead role in the preparation of the half year (4D) and full year (4E) statutory financial statements for presentation to the ASX, including all financial statements (income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in equity), key statutory disclosures, notes to the financial statements, audit schedules, policies and procedures where needed and liaising with external auditors
- Assisting the Director, Global Finance with the preparation and delivery of timely, accurate and relevant monthly management reporting and accounts close
- Responsible for producing monthly department income statements and reporting packs for the Executive team, carrying out business partnering tasks and financial analysis for certain Executive members
- Assisting the Director, Global Finance with global transfer pricing, recording intercompany transactions across multiple subsidiaries and maintaining the intercompany loan balances and registers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Either a CA or CPA accounting qualification, and +4 years post qualification experience
- Current and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience working in a financial accounting/reporting role and function of an ASX listed company, and experience with half year and full year reporting to the ASX
- Familiar with multi-currency subsidiaries, across multiple countries, and familiar with the consolidation of multiple global subsidiaries
- Familiar with employee share schemes and incentives, and the accounting of same
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and competent in all the key elements of Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting package and Workday Adaptive Planning desirable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate that you are a proactive self-starter, inquisitive and detail oriented, resourceful, and able to use your initiative to problem solve and generate ideas to improve the efficiency of current processes
- Effective relationship building and communication skills across multi-regions
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.