Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Test Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Dundalk, you will have hands-on experience across the breadth of quality activities, and be looking to take an active role within our engineering team - helping to guide and empower developers to test their own features and embody quality, whilst delivering quickly and safely. You will be a key player in planning, designing and selecting test strategies, harnesses and automation frameworks, and helping drive the development of test suites.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute substantially to the planning, design and where appropriate selection of test plans, harnesses and automation frameworks and drive the development of test suites that help ensure high quality deliverables
- Help drive code quality, organisation and best practices throughout the entire development process and in coordination with team objectives
- Drive delivery against automation initiatives and help our engineers ensure a high level of test coverage across a number of areas, including functional and performance testing
- Collaborate with Product and UX team members to understand and deliver against quality outcomes, guiding the development of test plans for releases and test cases for requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, reusable, secure and performant code in relation to test, and help our engineers do the same
- Actively participate in team engineering processes, design meetings and code reviews with the view of continuously lifting quality and improving - driving test-related activities early in a sprint and maximize working in parallel with developers
- Bring a growth mindset to every task -- sharing ideas and opinions with an attitude and appetite for improvement; the ability to challenge, pursue outcomes and take ownership of tasks in a collaborative environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years’ experience as a Senior Test Engineer, ideally supporting the delivery of multiple projects to production target web and mobile consumers
- Capability with both manual and automated testing for applications targeting web, mobile and desktop use, and able to demonstrate a passion for releasing quality deliverables aiding continuous deployment
- Experience with a variety of modern test frameworks, tools and platforms for web and mobile testing
- Experience with load testing and security penetration testing tools
- Experience with automation tools and processes for continuous integration and deployment
- A clear understanding of how to write testable and maintainable code
- A drive to build productive working relationships across our teams
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.