Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
Catapult is looking for a technically strong, energetic and passionate leader to manage our software engineering teams. Based in Boston, you will manage and lead teams of exceptional developers in an agile environment. We work in a highly collaborative/ transparent environment holding ourselves highly accountable for delivering the best software to our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers
- Being a former engineer, you will lead from the front.
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for engineering teams
- Partner with PM to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risk
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources to execute on plan
- Empowering the delivery team to self-organize while practicing agile.
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning
- Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring highly qualified engineers
- Ability to contribute(occasionally) to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and managing engineers
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, Source code management tools, CI/CD, build processes, testing, and production operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. ScrumMaster experience required
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Technical Focus Areas
- Experience managing teams that have built micro services, cloud native based software products
- Experience building highly scalable, available, and real-time data management services
- Deep understanding of Azure/AWS technologies and deployment
- Previous experience managing engineers with C++/Java, React Skills
- Experience with open source projects like Kafka, Apache Pulsar, Apache Spark is plus.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.