Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING CUSTOMER FACING WEB AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
Catapult is looking for a strategic Software Architect, who is passionate about building web and mobile applications with a user-first mindset. We are looking for an architecture leader who has a demonstrated track record of strategic and hands-on architecture excellence, and leading cross functional technical initiatives. As a part of the architecture team, we are looking for a person who has been part of product teams developing modern technology platforms, with understanding of progression platforms, applications and devising strategy to support the progression. We are looking for someone who promotes “reuse” from day one without losing sight of end goals, while delivering solutions with an MVP mindset.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Architect and develop modern web and mobile applications with hands-on approach.
- Work with Head of UX to develop consistent methodologies for UI development across Catapult products (Native Mobile, Responsive Mobile and Web Applications)
- Work closely with product managers, UX designers plus usability experts to develop compelling user experience for the customers.
- Work with the chief Architect to adopt and roll-out consistent architecture practices. Work with Backend architects to facilitate efficient full stack development. Critical member of Technology council.
- Identify best native Mobile application development practices across IOS and android ecosystem
- Identify the right set of modern UI frameworks, UI libraries to drive consistency of UI development. Create POCs to evaluate tech stack, frameworks and approaches for developing production quality software.
- Coach and Mentor UI developers.. Define standards and best practices. Lead by example helping UI development teams create great software for customers.
- Recommend efficient UI development processes, services, software and other tools to next generation product goals.
- Develop Reusable Assets by continuously working towards building reusable UI components and frameworks, Achieve efficiencies by identifying process automation opportunities and incubating/institutionalizing DevOps.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical major
- Proven expertise in Server-Side technologies like Node.js, GraphQL etc.
- Previous experience developing native mobile applications.
- Previous experience architecting and developing modern web applications
- Solid understanding and experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with performance analysis with scale.
- Expertise with continuous integration, static code analysis, and unit testing and/or test driven development.
- Previous experience with cloud design and deployment patterns
- Previous experience with agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner using effective visualizations.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.