Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT DATA ENGINEERING FOR BUILDING CUSTOMER FACING PRODUCTS
Catapult is looking for a strategic Software Architect, who is passionate about building secure and scalable data engineering user-first mindset. We are looking for an architecture leader who has a demonstrated track record of strategic and hands-on architecture excellence, and leading cross functional technical initiatives. As a part of the architecture team, we are looking for a person who has been part of product teams developing modern data platforms, with understanding of progression platforms, applications and devising strategy to support the progression. We are looking for someone who promotes “reuse” from day one without losing sight of end goals, while delivering solutions with an MVP mindset.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop data platform architecture and implementation strategy for our next generation product suite.
- Build scalable data infrastructure to ingest, process, store the data from millions of IOT devices.
- Build data pipelines using the right technologies. You have a great understanding of data lakes/data warehouse technologies in the market.
- Help select and operate database technologies to handle scalable time-series data.
- Define and help teams adopt Data-Ops strategy.
- Help existing teams to think from a data-first mindset and help them migrate their product and customer data into the data platform.
- Work with Data Scientists and ML engineering teams , helping them effectively use the data
- Work with Customer facing Analytics product teams helping them use the data effectively.
- Help product teams with your extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications - with direct experience developing/running services on-premise and cloud and are well-versed in best practices and patterns.
- Help us focus on designing data infrastructure (data lake integrations, pipelines, data cleansing, tagging) solutions that meet scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability criteria.
- Work with various product teams and platform services owners to develop comprehensive data architecture (for offline and real-time use cases) for platform and applications.
- You will help prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt and build and execute a plan to pay it off.
- You will work with stakeholders to drive alignment between architecture projects and product roadmap. You will have the ability to ask tough questions, have a principled but also pragmatic approach to decision-making, have stellar written and verbal communication abilities (that also means skilled interactions with developers and non-technical people alike).
- You're also the type that loves to teach others and be hands on yourself. Finally you are an effective communicator, able to articulate your technical and architectural know-how in a way that will influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal, understanding that building incredible software cannot be done in isolation but together as one team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You are a Senior technical leader with hands on experience and a consistent track record in Data Engineering offering a broad understanding of the following tools and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- 15+ years of proressive software development and architecture experience within the Enterprise Data/Big Data space
- Experience building highly scalable, low latency data pipelines using technologies like Apache Spark (or similar technologies) is required.
- Experience working with messaging and stream processing frameworks like Kafka or Apache pulsar is required.
- Deep Technical Hands on Expertise within one or more of the following (preferably with several): Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, Time Series Databases, Graph Databases
- 5+ years of Cloud experience including AWS, Azure.
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSql, Python/C++/Java/C#.
- Understanding of DataOps, ML Ops is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud native, microservices architecture patterns is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Linux – Mandatory
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Great interpersonal, team playing and “can do” attitude. Uncompromising will to learn
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.