Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING CULTURE AND DELIVERING FOR CUSTOMERS
We are looking for an agile and people focussed Program Delivery Director whose drive and delivery ability aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. The role reports to the CTO with a dotted line to the SVP, Product.
As great sports teams know, coaching matters. You will build relationships with engineering and product leaders and managers to not only track their progress, but help uplift our ways of working to ensure that we maintain a balance between squad-based agility and autonomy, and cross squad visibility and dependency management. You will manage an execution plan to deliver product features in a way that maximises customer, platform and commercial value. You will create monthly and quarterly reports for the senior team to help track progress against launch dates, issues and spend against plan.
We have a challenging program of work that spans squads in different locations and time zones and that demands collaboration to achieve amazing results
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Evangelize and socialize this new function and its purpose/responsibilities across the team - we need a collaborative leader who will work independently to identify, define, socialize and establish a ‘roadmap’ for improvement areas and processes where this role can best make an impact.
- Create monthly reports, designed for the executive team to help track progress against initiative market launch dates, issues and spend against plan.
- Lead the creation and management of program plans that span multiple initiatives and delivery teams in Melbourne, Boston, London and Dundalk.
- Take ownership of the quarterly release planning cycle working with product and engineering leads - as well as process for demos and quarterly reviews at the executive level.
- Create a reporting and measurement framework for tracking progress and productivity of individual squads designed to provide transparency for senior company leadership.
- Continuously improve our delivery processes, gathering input from product, engineering, architecture to ensure our organization is reflecting and improving. Delivery process includes everything from product discovery to product prioritization to grooming to design to development to launch/go-to-market.
- Lead initiatives related to establishing and operationalizing standardized agile and other communication/delivery processes. Select necessary tools and drive cross-team communication, working with leadership across product, UX and engineering, setting our teams up for success including recommending tools and ensuring roles are clear and consistent.
- Articulate and communicate your up-to-date program plan extensively with key stakeholders at all levels. Ability to interact with Commercial teams as much as engineering teams.
- Collaborate with finance to ensure planned and actual costs, time allocations to R&D and CapEx, as well as headcount are tracked and reported accurately
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Expert at agile ways of working, with experience of working with high performing autonomous squads. You understand how to break down work and deliver a program roadmap though quarterly release planning and prioritisation.
- The ability to successfully manage competing priorities and responsibilities, and help others do the same. You excel under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanour.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills up through the executive level.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to try new things, be innovative and move quickly.
- A collaborative work style and a roll-up your sleeves attitude; deep sense of personal ownership, and willingness to "do the work" as opposed to just overseeing or managing the work.
- Catapult is in growth mode, which comes with a number of growing pains. Processes are not standardized, delivery approaches vary across solution/regional teams, things can be ambiguous at times. This role requires someone who is comfortable with the ambiguity and the business changes that will be an inevitable part of our growth as a company. You can:
- Effectively cope with change
- Shift gears comfortably and help others do the same
- Decide and act without having the total picture
- Comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Flex to define and deliver value in the role, regardless of the changes going on around
- Identify needed process improvements, but not overengineer their initial execution
- 5+ years of experience working in complex Program Management (15+ global squads)
- 10+ years of experience working in project management, agile delivery, agile delivery or scrum management
- A Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.