Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT USING DATA TO INFORM PRODUCT DECISIONS
We are looking for a talented Pricing, Packaging and Product Analytics Manager whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company.
Based in Boston, you are a player-coach and a data driven, analytical thinker who empathizes with customers. You have a broad perspective on the business impact of your work, but can zoom into the details. You enjoy thinking about pricing and packaging strategies and why customers make the purchasing decisions that they do. You are familiar with SaaS businesses and B2B selling. You understand data schemas, tracking/measurement and statistical analysis tools such as regressions, hypothesis testing and cluster analysis.
You have the ability to multitask, productively engage C-level stakeholders and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You are equally excited to work on pricing and packaging of new products that may have minimal market data and pricing analysis of existing products that have years of data. You want to understand why and how customers use the products the way they do. This means you’re able to drive product and go to market decision making by clearly articulating direction and leveraging your customer centric mindset.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Pricing and Packaging
- Lead the execution of the pricing and packaging strategy for our B2B SaaS products
- Partner with Product and Sales leadership to price and package new features and services. It is your job to bring data to the process. Move us away from a subjective sense of value to objective value
- Develop and lead an annual pricing and packaging review process including discounting analysis, pricing regionalization and share of wallet analysis
- Produce market intelligence on competitors in similar and adjacent markets and be a thought leader on SaaS best practices
- Work with sales, sales operations and finance to operationalize pricing and packaging strategies
- Partner with product, design and engineering teams to evaluate product usage, including advocating for product improvements
- Play the role of Subject Matter expert to ensure we are leveraging data in product decisions and that effective event tracking is in place for our continued learning
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making including evangelizing the use of BI tools and other data sources
- Define processes and metrics to evaluate business performance, product performance, new product ideas and experiments; design and analyze customer surveys, build reports to monitor and understand our products
- Partner with data engineering to ensure our data warehousing and ETL implementation meets our product analysis and reporting needs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics, management/strategy consulting, investment banking or pricing/revenue optimization (experience in valuation and/or SaaS product is a plus)
- Understanding of basic go to market concepts such as TAM analysis and customer segmentations
- Curiosity in pricing and packaging concepts such as value metrics, packaging framework and discounting strategies
- Proficiency in SQL
- Foundational understanding of statistical concepts (e.g., confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Proficiency in modern BI and reporting tools, such as Tableau or Looker
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Experience managing people is preferred but taking responsibility for the professional development others is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments
- Results-oriented mindset
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.